• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have 90 gal bow oceanic and red sea berlin skimmer,the sump will be install in basement 30 gal long tank,90 gal is drill in the back skimmer in the sump my ?? is how big should the compartment in the sump should be been reading on sump for about 4 months now and reef tank setup a lot of differtent ideas want to set it up once and the right way its get very confused some times.plan on Live rock and live sand ,sump is 36"long 12"wide 16" high.

thank you for and help
Frank

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Frank - Most people belive that you should skim first in your dump - although people disagree - what you need to do is come up with th way you want to do it. I personally skim before the water goes through my sump -

I believe that your compartment for the skimmer need not be any larger than the skimmer uitself (or to hold any accessories for the skimmer).

Aside from that, you might even have room to make a refuge like I have in my tank.

Hope that helps and good luck

House

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have the same dimension sump Frank. I skim first and I made that baffle big enough to just fit the skimmer (Euro-Reef ES5-2). In the middle of the sump, I have a fuge. You can check out my DIY Sump thread.

Rebels23

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: