• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

I

imported_blaze43

looking to buy some cast acrylic sheets, just wondering if you guys have any places you have dealt with?

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What are you using it for? if its somethign like a tank that needs high quality and high strength you NEED to specify Domestic Cast Acrylic Otherwise they will give you crap form mexico or europe which is not as good

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
oh BTW there is a Industrial Plastics on Canal Street, GE Polymer Shapes in Queens, and Laird Plastics on LI and i thin they might have a place in brooklyn as well. Laird is expensive for unless you have an accoutn with them and are ordering some decent volume.

Ther eis also mail order from mcmaster.com order it today have it tomorrow. They are in jersey. you can also pick it up fomr them.

I

imported_blaze43

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks alot for the reply, i want to build a new sump, not a tank so i figure regular cast will work fine. I'm gonna call them all up and get some prices.....anybody else know of some places, i want to do a little price shopping...

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yeah for a sump that isnt completly full and has baffles and dividers acting as braces regular cast is fine.

if you go to the plac eon canal bring someone with you to wait in the car. there is no parking. youll get a ticket in 5 minutes and the store is usually crowded so it takes a good 20 min to get yoru pieces if not a little more but they will cut to size

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
There's three places on canal. all about a block apart. I'd check all of them

Industrial plastics, Canal Plastics, and Plasticland (?)

Plastic Land beat the other two by $.25 per SQ foot on the 3/16 (extruded) I bought for a sump. It was 9 gallons total, so I could get away with extruded. (also with the crosbraces(baffles) I didnt' think I'd have a problem.)

BC

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you need to make sure you get Domestic Cast Acrylic sheet for a tank. Dont get the import, they tend to fail.

Use Weldon 4 not 3, the 3 dries too quickly.

if you are gonna do the 20" Cube liek youve been tellign me get 3/8" just to be on teh safe side for a DIY

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: