NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
was looking at my euroreef skimmer and notice how many bubble's are released into my sump. was thinking of drilling a hole in the downward drain pipe and installing a airline tubing that would fit down below water level in the tube working as a exhuast. anyone ever try this ?
http://commerce03.i2net.com/able55n...el-Control-Pipe-for-RS135-REV-2X-P421C16.aspx the hole would be where the water outlet is on the down side, sorry if this isnt making sense. or the mod with the foam ?

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I think I know what you're talking about.

Technically, the exhaust needs to be above the water line (which causes the splashes). Having it under water causes backpressure that can mess with the water level inside the skimmer, thus causing overflow (sometimes). Not sure how the foam mod is, but if it's blocking the output, it will have the same issue.

If you're using baffles, you shouldn't really worry about microbbubles making it way to your display tank.

At the worst, you can put a filter sock right after the drain pipe, but then you'll just have something extra to wash :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: