MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
What kind of hood do you want? If you dont mind having an open top tank, a lot of us have just gone to home depot and gotten a large piece of light diffuser panel (more commenly known as eggcrate) and cut it to fit the top of the tank.

bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
here's a few diagrams i did, maybe it will help you. just adjust the measurements to the size of your tank

Hope it helps...Bueller

i believe it was for a 55 gallon tank

tankcanopy55gallon1.jpg

55galtankcanopy2.jpg

55galcanopy3.jpg

55galcanopy4.jpg

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
alright instead of coming on this site and asking ill google and leave anyone who wants to do this search around the web.i hope u dont ask anyquestions.and if u want to sell something or buy something go to craigs list.bad mod bad.lol

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
alright enough with all the sarcasm........bad coffee.....lol....i have my t-5 lights which is 35" and my tank length in 30".i dont mind the extra 2 1/2 overhang but how do i install the lights.do i need to take them apart andjust use the bulbs in the inside or do i use the hood there attached to and just mount it inside somehow.thats the part im most confused over.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i know im going to get murdered for this but i used pine.not because its cheaper but because its a lighter wood than oak or even ply.i am nervouse about all that weight on my tank and thats why i used it,i am going to soak it withspara urathane suggested my kris.and if it starts to warp i built it and i can fix it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: