• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Get GE Silicone II Window And Door, it comes in different colors

IMG_0935.jpg

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
check the back lable. One type says "not for use in aquariums" the other doesn't. I use type I. As long as it's not kitchen and bath (they have mold inhibitors and fungicides) it should work.

Both types cure in 24 hours or so. I'd leave it longer if you have the time.

B

BC

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I needed this info too.. thx.

Just curious as to how you will be securing it in. Will U be putting Silicone around the edges only? under only? or both?

Thank you!

Rich

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
thats just a really funny position you have your silicone gun in marrone...especially with the bottle oozing...LOL sorry couldnt help it LOL :X

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Rborgia said:
I needed this info too.. thx.

Just curious as to how you will be securing it in. Will U be putting Silicone around the edges only? under only? or both?

Thank you!

Rich
If you cut the board properly you will have a really great fit to begin with with a 0.2 inch gap all the way around. I am just going to fill that gap. That will prevent water from entering under the board. You want to avoid any stagnant water spaces.

For me the point of the silicone is not as much to secure it but more to waterproof it. The weight of the reef would have kept it down.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Herman, put water in that tank already - I am getting anxious reading every thread :)

House
HA HA HA HA. I gotta wait for the silicone to cure. I just routed the irrigation and it will be ready shortly... :knockedou

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: