OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This was all done with a Solana in mind but may work for other tanks as well. I started with an empty "sharps" container that you put used syringes in (like a diabetic would at home). These should be available at a pharmacy, but not sure I got mine delivered with my with my allergy shots. I made 2 prototypes. Both work well and can be hidden under the cover that goes over the back compartments. I took pics of and planned for the middle compartment but it fits in the third one as well. The boxes will also be getting painted black before final use.

1. I completely cut off the top portion. This shortened the container to about 5 inches allowing lots of room between the bottom of it and the top of the media tray beneath it. This one works perfect, however this method offers minimal over flow protection should for some reason the main display over flow the back wall (drain gets blocked and return pump dumps contents of back chamber into display). If using the back cover is of no concern to you then you could raise the box slightly over the back wall and the issue is resolved.

2. I left the box original height but removed the 2 front ledge supports to allow the box to sit flush ans I removed the top lip so the rear cover could lay flush. The edge/lip then sits on the back wall while the box itself is flush to it. The lip coming over the wall is a fail safe should the water level rise over the wall as described above. This method also allows you to have the pump sit lower in the display, but only leaves minimal room between the bottom of the box and the top of the media rack.

Let me know what you think and offer up any ideas for improvement.

Thanks and Enjoy

Attachments

• Phone Pics 003 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 003 (Small).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Phone Pics 021 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 021 (Small).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Phone Pics 012 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 012 (Small).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Phone Pics 024 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 024 (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Phone Pics 027 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 027 (Small).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Phone Pics 026 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 026 (Small).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Phone Pics 022 (Small).jpg
    Phone Pics 022 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 252

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: