• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found a thread on RC with something similar, the guy bought the magnets seperate and made hos own mount.. I just figured this would be easier. When standing in front of the tank the mount and those massive succsion cups were such an eye sore... so I gigured by inverting the Sieo and placing the magnet above it, you wouldnt see as much of the mounting assy. It looks decent.. I am happy with the results.

They hold, but if the power cord gets caught up, it was seperate from the outside mangent when moving it.

I purchased this type of magnet from Petco: (10.99)
magnettype.jpg

This Epoxy and Silcone from Home Dept:
Epoxy.jpg

geSilicone.jpg

Contiued below...

Last edited:

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
Looks good!!!

One question...Is there any chance the magnet is going to rust after a while??

I had a magnet before that started rusting in the tank.

-Kris

Kris,

I really hope not. This thing was designed to go into the water to clean the glass. I will have to keep an eye on it and check it every now and then.

Rich

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
model: Seio 820

I have two. I just finished the second one and placed it into the tank at 8:20pm. Just before I placed it into the tank I pulled back the scrubbing material. The magnet inside appears to be encased in a layer of epxoy or some sort of really hard glue like material. I will definately watch it.

Rich

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Rich....
Definitely watch for that magnet.
I had the same one in a 10 gal a while back & it did rust inside of the tank.
Lucky I caught it in time.....but I did notice my smaller tank going down-hill (which is how I noticed).

Definitely a cool mod though...

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
Rich....
Definitely watch for that magnet.
I had the same one in a 10 gal a while back & it did rust inside of the tank.
Lucky I caught it in time.....but I did notice my smaller tank going down-hill (which is how I noticed).

Definitely a cool mod though...

Thx D.

I may take them out and cover them over again with Silicone just to be safe. I will remove the scrubbig pads (buy new ones) , silicone and place new pads over top of the Silicone.

I was messing with them last night and I really like the ability to move them around. Just a minor shift with one has eliminated one small dead spot I had agains the back wall.

Rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: