• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am trying to think of a way to suspend my new metal halide 72" fixture over my tank. The obvious solution is to drill holes in the four corners and attach chains.

Any other ideas? I just want to raise it about 6-8" off of the tank.

Thanks,

-Alfred

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
you could do something liek a self bracket and attach it to the side of the hood and then to the wall. But thats just my 2 pennies. Or make a canopy that has an inside edge that will rest on the lip of the tank and then do the same for the hood to rest on the inside than the top of the hood will be exposed.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i had that same issue. when i get my hallides i will wither build bracketts in 2 ways.

#1 have three poles come up from the back and have brackets attaching to them over the tank and laying the fixtures on them or

#2 building my own stand from the tank to the hieght of the fixture and laying the fixture on the stand
or there is always
#3 build a canopy with holes for ventilation and attach it to the canopy. looks much better but more costly IMO

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am not too crazy about the canapy idea simply because every once in a while I like to be lazy. ;-) If I need to get at the tank I want to easily be able to raise the hood. Some kind of chain/pulley system is preferred. That way I can raise the light fixture every time I need to.

Brackets would be OK, at least I will be able to lift the fixture without too much of a big deal. A canopy would make this a big chore.

Thanks,

-Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: