• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

michael chu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
3 weeks ago i pick up new tank from glasscage.
and started diy canopy and stand with in 2weeks
it's not finish yet because i'm little tired but i'll keep working on it.

now i just finish 30gal sump and some part of plumbing.
it cost only $20.00

maybe another 2weeks i'll finish all the job and move all the stuff to new tank.
here i posted pics. also i just want to know when you guys think the stand is strong enough.

thanks

mike

Attachments

• DSCF0520.JPG
    DSCF0520.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF0584.JPG
    DSCF0584.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 419
  • new tank (1).JPG
    new tank (1).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 420
  • new tank (2).JPG
    new tank (2).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 418
  • new tank (3).JPG
    new tank (3).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Nice Micheal.
Nice and tall stand. You might want to build a front shelf, it comes in handy for putting stuff on when working with or feeding the tank.
If the frame wasn't built yet, you could have oversized it so that you have more working room under the tank. I see more and more custom stands trending this way.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey mike great job on the stand and good idea upgrading to a bigger tank.. it looks like the smaller tank is a little stuffed.. lolz... well anyways wanted to wish ya luck on ur new tank and that was a smart idea to do the stand higher... i did my new stand about 38 too.. great job cant wait to see urs setup..

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
nice job. I like the taller stands too. When I had my 180 built, my wife actually told the guy to make the stand taller since I'm working under there all the time. 38 inches. Can't believe how much easier it is to move around.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Michael, very very nice. You'll really be happy that the stand is taller (or at least your back will).

I know you didn't ask for any suggestions, but I see you did part of it already. I noticed you put plywood on the bottom of the stand and added a rubber mat on top. Since your plumbing (at least in the pic) isn't complete, I'd suggest making that rubber mat come up higher or even use a vinyl liner to come to the top of your 2 x's.

You will invariably have some kind of flooding or just water on the floor. Might as well contain it as much as possible.

Just my $.02.......off my soapbox now,

Russ

michael chu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Michael, very very nice. You'll really be happy that the stand is taller (or at least your back will).

I know you didn't ask for any suggestions, but I see you did part of it already. I noticed you put plywood on the bottom of the stand and added a rubber mat on top. Since your plumbing (at least in the pic) isn't complete, I'd suggest making that rubber mat come up higher or even use a vinyl liner to come to the top of your 2 x's.

You will invariably have some kind of flooding or just water on the floor. Might as well contain it as much as possible.

Just my $.02.......off my soapbox now,

Russ

here what i finished 2 weeks ago
but it's not done yet i have to make door and do the painting job....
heres some pics

Attachments

• 03132006 (1).JPG
    03132006 (1).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 03132006.JPG
    03132006.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 197

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Michael, looking great. That tank is stocked to the hilt very quick. Did you move all that livestock from your other established tank?

Nice job incorporating the plastic up the sides too :wink1:

Russ

michael chu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
thanks russ
yes all the live stock from my 65g tank
i spend all day (9am~6pm)
and next day make finished lighting job
i need more liverock to make little higher

but....
i have some problem with rtn
2weeks after finish the setup, i was trying to cleanup the dust ..not water change ,just use seio pump to make fly dust from the bottom to the overflow.
about 2 times

other livestocks fine but few corals starting RTN.

thanks

mike

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Mike, sorry to hear about the RTN. Is it starting at the top or bottom of the frag/colony? If it's at the top then I'd snip it off (with a little bit of healthy flesh to make certain you got all the dieoff) to prevent it from continuing.

If it's RTN'ing from the bottom up, then I'd do the same thing and snip off the top, leaving some of the healthy flesh behind for the same reason. Then remount the new 'frag'.

Good luck, hope it stops for you,
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: