• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
check your programming, mine has been running over a year flawless and i recently checked the dosage amount to make sure it was still on point which it is

The programming was the first thing I checked. It was still set correctly. I even reset the pump to 0ml but it continued to run.

The doser was unplugged overnight and all the programming reset. As soon as I plugged the power cord into the socket the damn pump started running. It's possessed, lol.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just finished doing a 40 gallon water change, a total of 70 gallons over the last 24 hours. The Salifert calcium test liquid still has not changed from pink to blue. Guess I will be doing another 40 gallon water change tomorrow.

Question, am I changing the water too quickly? I doubt it since getting the calcium back to normal levels is probably more important, but I just want to make sure I am not overlooking anything.

Thanks again for all the help.

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My pump #2 did the same thing, I stopped using it, I even did a one time dose on that channel into a graduated cylinder to check its accuracy and it was spot on, not sure what happened. Good luck getting in contact with BM, might have luck if you speak chinese.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was told to contact Sea Side Aquatics out in Cali regarding this issue. I emailed the company to discuss my problem. They responded quickly and asked that I send them the dosing unit in return for a replacement. I shipped the doser yesterday by UPS ground so hopefully I will get another unit next week sometime. I will keep this thread updated with any further developments. Thanks again for everyone help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: