JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So...I've been having quite the slimy hair algae problem and I believe I've found the culprit...my RODI. For the first three or so years of my tank, I had used Walmart or Target "Drinking Water" and everything was doing OK. I figured, I may as well save money (in the long run) and buy a unit. Plus, it's nice to have more "control" over your water. So I thought! I have the AquaFX Barracuda. And within the past few months changed out everything. Could it be some bad DI resin? I dont collect water til it hits 0PPM, which sometimes takes a little time. Am I waiting too long? Should I take 1PPM water? I'm in Yonkers and TDS in is usually 45-55. Help is greatly appreciated bc I'm on the verge of giving up :(.:sigh:

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
the DI resin usually changes color to indicate that its gone bad. can u give us a more accurate reading of ur water parameters? that would help greatly

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Im in kinda the same boat minus the algae. Im changing my DI resin every month because it turns brown after about 100 gallons of use. My tds meter then takes like 5 minutes to go to zero. My TDS coming out of the ro/di isnt that high only about 35ppm. I changed my membrane in January and was under the impression that they last for over a year but seeing how my resin gets exhausted so quick im not to sure now :(

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
My TDS coming out of the ro/di isnt that high only about 35ppm.
Huh? 35 coming out of the DI?

I changed my membrane in January and was under the impression that they last for over a year but seeing how my resin gets exhausted so quick im not to sure now :(

Let's slow downa little.

Can you get me ACCURATE tds readings from THREE locations:
tap:
RO:
DI:

What is your water pressure?

And yes - membranes should last for years.

Russ

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
i'll try and get some readings over the weekend. It usually takes a solid 15-30min running to get my TDS to read 0. Being that the water going in is only 45-55, I think that's kind of ridiculous lol.

Something isn't right. TDS creep only should last for 60 to 90 seconds.

Feel free to give us a call when you are in front of the system and we'll get it squared away.

Russ
513-312-2343

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yes my water coming into my RO/DI is at 35ppm. Coming out is 0 right now because i just changed my DI 3 weeks ago but its almost brown already and im sure the next 10 gallons i make it wont get below 2 and im going to have to change the resin again. I just changed my membrane on jan 11th of this year but the resin is getting exhausted so fast im suspecting the membrane is also

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Yes my water coming into my RO/DI is at 35ppm. Coming out is 0 right now because i just changed my DI 3 weeks ago but its almost brown already and im sure the next 10 gallons i make it wont get below 2 and im going to have to change the resin again. I just changed my membrane on jan 11th of this year but the resin is getting exhausted so fast im suspecting the membrane is also

Check the TDS of your RO water (not DI water)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: