WNP

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyone have one of these EHEIM Jagers? They are very difficult to work with and are not very accurate to say the very least!
Sad because both EHEIM and Jager (who used to be a separate Co.) are both good reliable Company brands. Knowing and trusting the both, I decided to purchase two (same wattage) heaters and install them in my 55 gal. freshwater.
After installing the heater(s) I noticed that the thermometer was reading 79*F... I noticed that the blue dial was off by aprox. five (5) degrees.. I also know that these are consumer user friendly - In other words, they can be calibrated for closer temperatures as per what the thermometer read.
Re-setting the temperature (calibrating) I put the heater back fully submerged into the aquarium, I noticed the ON/Off switch was staying on - which is suggested during calibrating the heater. This does not mean the heater is actually heating the water but indicates that the heaters "brains" are resetting the proper temperature(s) to which I request it be at.
I (supposably) calibrated the heater 3 1/2 hours ago and still yet, the on/off indicator light is still in the "ON" postion.
I know that the heater is NOT actually heating the water because if it was, 3 1/2 hours of the heater part working, the water in the aquarium would be brewing by now. The temperature reading would obviously indicate that the heater is heating and not calibrating.
IMO, this is too much work for something that should be adjusted once then forgotten about.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: