Reef Octopus Regal 200sss Protein Skimmer - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Equipment  /  Reef Octopus Regal 200sss Protein Skimmer
Question Reef Octopus Regal 200sss Protein Skimmer
01-11-2019, 01:00 AM
I think I've got it dialed in, but wanted confirmation. This is 3 days of skimmate.

Thanks in advanced,
Willie
Attached Thumbnails

01-11-2019, 10:35 AM
looks good to me

01-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynreefers View Post
looks good to me
thanks! I thought it might be a little dark, but the consistent bubbles coming out over the cup seemed good to me.

Great skimmer
01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
You can adjust the skimmer to skim as wet or dry as you’d like. I let mine skim a bit wet obviously it can be adjusted by turning the pump up or down and by adjusting the flow via the big red handle on the skimmer itself. I have also found the amount of flow going past the intake will affect how it performs. I use the hose attached to the collection cup and have it drain into a specimen container that hangs INSIDE my sump to make getting rid of skimate easier. I clean the neck and collection cup weekly. I’ve take the skimmer completely apart about every 6 months to thoroughly clean it.

01-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIPERVIPER View Post
You can adjust the skimmer to skim as wet or dry as you’d like. I let mine skim a bit wet obviously it can be adjusted by turning the pump up or down and by adjusting the flow via the big red handle on the skimmer itself. I have also found the amount of flow going past the intake will affect how it performs. I use the hose attached to the collection cup and have it drain into a specimen container that hangs INSIDE my sump to make getting rid of skimate easier. I clean the neck and collection cup weekly. I’ve take the skimmer completely apart about every 6 months to thoroughly clean it.
awesome thanks for the low down. I'm going to run it a little wetter I think. Ideally I'd like a nice full cupful once a week.