A

Anonymous

I've heard so many horrible stories about Rio's.

Go for Maxi Jets!!!!!!!!!They will rock your reef tank!! ;-)

They are very quiet and dependable.

Reefmann.

A

Anonymous

MaxiJets & MiniJets for me! I use them on my wavemaker and they work great.

I also use Marineland Penguin powerheads for continuous circulation but I don't use them with a wavemaker because they chatter too much.

Doug

------------------
<A HREF="http://38.222.244.200/dougw

" TARGET=_blank>http://38.222.244.200/dougw

</A>

A

Anonymous

I must disagree......but only slightly.

The unarguably, the best powerheads on the market are those produced by TUNZE. Their power and reliability are only surpassed by their price. Personally, I avoid powerheads whenever possible.

For the money, Maxi-jets are not bad.

A

Anonymous

I'm sold on Maxijets. They are difenitely the best for a wavemaker.

A

Anonymous

Upon adding two Hagan 802's to my 55 gal aquarium, the temperature went up 3 degrees and stays that way consistently. As a contrast, when I added well-ventellated PC fluorescents, the temperature did not rise significantly. These pumps really do run hot, and there is no way to dissipate the heat. When they give up the ghost, I think I will try the maxijets...

Also, I noticed that these and Rio have the magnet exposed to the water too.

[This message has been edited by flounder (edited 27 October 1999).]

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

This place is COOL!

DAMM!!!!!!!!

I wish i came here two weeks ago. I bought RIO 2100 from Marinedepot. It appears to work fine, except for when it starts. It gives alot of strong current though.

Look like MAxijetts is the winner for the price and durability. I've never used Maxijetts, but i will from now on.

Thank you all for your inputs, now i have to pray that my new RIO would not fail. BTW, i paid $29 for it and it is shipped free.

A

Anonymous

PS....

i just check out their specs in term of GPH, this thing is so damm slow, 1200 model blow 295gph?????????? how many would i need for a 125 gal tank? if i have to put 4,5,6,or even 7 to get enough current in my tank, i'd have wires everywhere in my tank.

A

Anonymous

Hey bluebox
what do you want for $20.00? at least they are reliable and dependable!!!
I just ordered (6) 1200 maxijets from jeffs on sale> http://www.exoticfish.com/ for my 150 gal.Jeff said 6 for my tank would be just right so 5 or 6 would be fine for your 125
as far as the wires just intertwine them,the heads are above each other anyway.
as far as gph rio,s are bigger but not better> their "JUNK".&gt
sad.gif
from experience)
The overwhelming response to my thread has Maxijet the clear cut runaway winner!

A

Anonymous

One last pitch for maxijets. I cleaned my tank today and found one of my maxijet 1200s not working. I removed it and found a small snail lodged in the pump blocking the impellor. The impellor was not turning so I therefore figured the pump was burnt out. Right? Wrong! After removing the little obstruction and cleaning the affected area the maxi is working as good as new. I have no idea how long it was like this.

Someone please convince them to make a larger pump!!

HTH
Cliff

A

Anonymous

HEY,
i should have read this before i made the change over.ive used maxijets for about 6 yrs.never had ANY trouble with them had one last past 4 years,BUT then to save a few bucks bought 2 new rio 600's,
THEY SUCK!!!!!
have had nothing but problems with them.
from my experience MAXIJETS RULE!!!!!!!
. fishguy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: