A

Anonymous

Has anyone had any experience using the tapwater purifier? I wanted to know if it is better than an R/O filter.

A

Anonymous

I have one and like it, however my tank is also only a 29 gallon so I don't have to spend to much on the refill cartridges. My local water is horrible however so mine doesn't put out much until it needs to be replaced, although I only need about 7-8 gallons a month for water changes and evaporation. The water quality that comes out of it is great if you follow directions.

------------------
Neptune

A

Anonymous

Does anyone use 2 TWP hooked together? I have heard some say it works better this way. I was going to order an extra one but was told 2 hooked together wouldn't work properly.

A

Anonymous

I believe 2 hooked in sieries is the only way it will work very well.

Remember, DI units depend on resin contact time with the water. As your cartridge begins getting used up (color changes), its effectiveness goes down.

Running 2 does 2 things: first, increases contact time, and second, ensures that you can completely exhaust a cartridge before replacing it. If you only run one, you probably need to replace the cartridge when you can see there is only an inch or so of usable resin, for fear that contaminants can leak through.

When one is used up, take it off, 'promote' the other cartridge to first in line, and always add a new cartride so it is last in line. This way, water always passes through at least 1 *entire* fully charged unit.

good luck,

Steve

A

Anonymous

I bought one years ago and liked it alot, the cartridge doesn't laste too if your water is poor. Now I use a kent 50gpd and I run the output of it into the tapwater purifier. A cartridge now last around 1000 gallons.

Bill

A

Anonymous

Our water hjere is best in state of NY. My TWP lasts around 80 gallons worth. Haven't used RO/DI, but i'm buying one for the long haul, it will pay for itself after awhile as compared to the TWP.

It says it does 10g/h, but I've never seen it do more than 6.

I like it, but only as a temporary solution until I can afford the RO/DI

------------------
My wallet lies at the bottom of my reef. Along with my brain.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: