A

Anonymous

Hi,

i had someone tell me that the K2R is doing weak on a 180 Gallon sps tank?
whats your opinion?
i plan on setting up a 180 with SPS and clams... any idea about it?
Doing more research i ran into the Precision Marine Ca reactor. The bigger model would surely do fine but is more expensive.....what should i do?

K2R or PM ?

tia,

Toine

A

Anonymous

Toine,

Get an MTC and be done with it.
wink.gif

------------------
Dan
Minotaur15 on #reefs
http://www.tcnj.edu/~maughme2/

A

Anonymous

I use a precision marine on my system and would recommend nothing less. I do know someone with a very heavily stocked 180 and a k2r that really dislikes the reactor for technical reasons, but i can say that my pm is one of the best built pieces of equipment i have owned. GO fer the pm.

Paul

------------------
Paul Auger

http://thunder.prohosting.com/~dflad - D-fladermaus's site

A

Anonymous

I have the K2R on my 90 gal and my Dad has a Korallin on his 125 gal, (its the new series one). I like the Korallin much better. It seems to be a lot easier to use because the bubble counter is far superior and I like the way the pump is set on top of the unit. It is more compact, yet holds about an equal amount of media. I would go with the Korallin, if I had the choice to do it over again. But I'm not really unhappy w/ my K2R, I just like the other a bit more.

------------------
-Life's a Reef, so frag'n enjoy it.

A

Anonymous

dfladermaus, could you tell us more about the PM reactor? Obviously, the craftmanship is excellent but what do you specifically like about your reactor?

JOHNNY

------------------

A

Anonymous

I use a K2R on a heavily stocked 125. It has no problem keeping the alk at 4.25. I get great growth rates as well. I also have found that koralith does not dissolve well. Instead, I use carib sea special grade reef sand #00050. It also costs alot less.

------------------
#reefs channel operator

A

Anonymous

well I ordered the K2r for my 180, but if it doesnt show up REAL soon, I will cancel the order and look into the PM... sounds like maybe I should have anyway :)

------------------
Rod

A

Anonymous

Been using a K2r for 3 yrs on a 180g heavily stocked with SPS and Tridacs with no problems. Alk @ 11-12 dkh and calc @ 430-500. Maybe some users are'nt using it agressively enough?

Paul

A

Anonymous

I know this is not directly related to the question, but does anyone know about the sipedon calcium reactor? I was checking out their site, looking into their protein skimmer ;-), and noticed that their model is $300 bucks (without CO2). Anyone have an opinion or is using one currently.

Also, How much did you pay for you reactors and where did you buy them?

Thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: