A

Anonymous

Just got the new update to calicum reactor from Chris Paris.Question is where can i get a 24 volt solenoid to shut power down if electric goes off at Graingers or would locke plumbing have one? well be good and stop all the flaming.
Jeff

A

Anonymous

I had purchaced a 24 volt solenoid about six mo. ago for a project at work and the coil alone (I had to replace the org. 120 volt coil that came with the solenoid )was about 65.00. I will look up the invoice when I go back to work on monday and post the address. As I remember I took a little hinting around to find one for 24v. The down side is it gets very hot and we already burned out one. It lasted about 4 mo. at 10 hrs a day.

A

Anonymous

Hey Reef2 I found The info You are looking for. Try, Automatic Switch Co. in Florham,NJ Sorry I couldn't find a street address but if you call information they can give you the phone number and address. Just ask ASCO for the nearest distributor. They have a fill line of solenoids. The 24 volt coil part number is 099257-008-D. Good luck with you project

A

Anonymous

Why would a power outage without a solenoid cause a problem? It's not like you will be bubbling CO2 directly into your tank. Save your money.

A

Anonymous

I'm with Bob. I could refill my co2 6 or 7 times for the cost quoted above for the valve.

John

A

Anonymous

I know that a solenoid is not needed but just about every set up tries to use one.Darn those things are expensive.
But Honey without it the fish will die
Jeff
smile.gif

A

Anonymous

I guess I'm missing something. If you know it's not needed why do you want one?

John

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: