A

Anonymous

Ok I'm now worried about not having a GFCI at work. I have looked at the extension-cord type, but the only ones I have seen specifically say on the packaging that they are not meant for permanent usage.

Does anyone know an MO place that sells a permanent one? Thanks.

ReefLion

------------------
Where'd my money go?

A

Anonymous

I have seen them at Home Depot before. I never really read the package close enough to see if they were for permanent use or not though. That might be something they have to put on the package for liability reasons. Don't know for sure.

Chas

A

Anonymous

Hi Reeflion,
www.petwhse.com has several different models for sale. Do a search on part #s:

They also have titanium ground probes for $14, part # 604047.

You might also look on www.marinedepot.com, they have just about any piece of equipment you can think of.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

They are just as good. For some reason they are more expensive. I have one that plugs into an ordinary socket but is not actually an extention cord. This was about $15 and I got it at a hardware store. I got this for my aquarium at work because they would freak if I tried some rewiring.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a bunch for the replies.

Yes it was the Home Depot models that said do not use permanently. I also assume that it was purely for liability, but I think I'll check out the MO.

Thanks again.

ReefLion

------------------
Where'd my money go?

A

Anonymous

I got 2 of the outlet kind at home depot but when I turned off my lights at night they were tripped. I worried that if switching off the lights tripped them then just about anything could. Did I do something wrong? I plugged my surge protector cords into them. Disconnected them because I was afraid the tank might shut down when I wasn't around. Please advise.

A

Anonymous

My husband just picked one up on Sunday at Home Depot. Discontinued model normally $39 on sale for $9.99.

------------------
Laurie

I came, I saw, I bought.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: