A

Anonymous

Just realized, as I get closer to adding water to my tank, that I will be in need of around 15 outlets. WOW!

How many outlets does your system require and what outlet strips and type strips are you using?

Thanks,
Clayton

A

Anonymous

I started out with common outlet strips like everybody sells and that is OK for normal plugs. If you have any timers or X10 modules you end up with one or two things plugged into each strip and more strips than you have a place for. I finally broke down and bought a 6' power strip with 12 outlets that are 6" apart from Grainger for about $50. That seems like a lot but six or eight little power strips are not cheap either. Try to plan ahead because over time it seems like things that need plugging in just multiply.
smile.gif

The main thing for you to remember no matter what you do is make sure that any outlet around your tank is on a GFCI circuit. It could save your life some day. I think one saved my life and several other people on this and other forums have beeb saved by them also. If you don't want to put one in yourself maybe a friend will do it for you or hire someone to do it. Just make sure you do it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: