A

Anonymous

Nathan,
I purchased an osciwave about 1 month ago for a 90 gal reef. I am using a maxi jet 1200 with it. My LFS has had them operating for over 3 years without problem.
My corals really open much fuller because of it. I think this is the way to go. Every minute this thing turns 90 degrees, giving your corals a nice surge. It is a nice slow motion. Don't have to worry about multiple power heads as you would if you buy a traditional wave maker.
Good luck. Jack

A

Anonymous

Can your adjust the sweep time with the Osci-Wave?

How does it attach to the powerhead?

Do you feel that it looks bulky/clunky to have a moving powerhead?

How does it attach to the aquarium?

Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

-Nathan

A

Anonymous

I have two of them, one in each upper rear corner of the tank. One has been in continuous operation for three years, the other for 1 year. I am quite satisfied with the results.

No, you cannot adjust the sweep time.

The PH is attached to a plastic "L" bracket with plastic ties. The "L" bracket attached to the rotating spindle with a plastic screw.

The aesthetics are subjective. I think a single rotating powerhead is more attractive than two stationary powerheads.

There are two models. One is for aquariums with a lip around the top perimeter. In this case the unit sits on the lip. For the more traditional glass aquarium style, an inverted U bracket (glued to the bottom of the unit) is held on the edge of the tank by four plastic screws.
-Steve

A

Anonymous

How easy would it be to modify the return from the sump and have the osciwave speep it (similar to the sea swirl).

I have one Maxi Jet 1200 and one return. I am definately going to get at least one Osciwave, and maybe two if it's possible to make the return pipe sweep.

-Nathan

A

Anonymous

Nathan,
Rotating the water returen is a great idea but I do not know how to modify the Osci-Wave to do it, you would need a water tight fitting that allows movement. Buy one Sea Swirl and one Osci-Wave.

Personally I think the Osci-Wave is the best product ever created for reef aquariums. But then again it is my company.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bruce Davidson
Sandy's Pet Shop
Louisville, KY
><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>

A

Anonymous

Go with the seaswirls I have 2 on my 120 cant see anything but the spout in the water and they work great!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: