Actinic Atoll

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if comparing apples to apples (ie: assuming both units have, or will be replaced equal quality membranes and media), I would go with the Spectrapure.

-Everything is mounted on one frame. (Perhaps that is a negative for some that want a detached DI canister.)
-Has two sets of dual digital TDS meters.

Is this "worth" a hundred dollars more when you could get an extra dual TDS meter for the BRS unit for $30? Practically speaking no, unless the Spectrapure came with better media/membrane. That being said, how much would the BRS unit cost if equipped with a premium membrane? (The Spectrapure might come with a better membrane I'm assuming.)

Solid effort on BRS's part and although it is a bit less money I can't see anything that I would consider "better" about it. Cheaper membranes use more DI resin in the long run.

Myself I would go with the Spectrapure just out of preference of form factor and premium media/membrane. (IMO it's a good company that makes quality bespoke water systems in a market flooded with products that are composed of components with unknown origins)

If I was tight on cash though, I wouldn't hesitate to get the BRS unit. You can always put a better membrane in it down the road if you choose. When it comes time to maintain the units there is nothing really proprietary about them, so I guess go with whichever framework you will prefer in the long run.

JerseyPete

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if comparing apples to apples (ie: assuming both units have, or will be replaced equal quality membranes and media), I would go with the Spectrapure.

-Everything is mounted on one frame. (Perhaps that is a negative for some that want a detached DI canister.)
-Has two sets of dual digital TDS meters.

Is this "worth" a hundred dollars more when you could get an extra dual TDS meter for the BRS unit for $30? Practically speaking no, unless the Spectrapure came with better media/membrane. That being said, how much would the BRS unit cost if equipped with a premium membrane? (The Spectrapure might come with a better membrane I'm assuming.)

Solid effort on BRS's part and although it is a bit less money I can't see anything that I would consider "better" about it. Cheaper membranes use more DI resin in the long run.

Myself I would go with the Spectrapure just out of preference of form factor and premium media/membrane. (IMO it's a good company that makes quality bespoke water systems in a market flooded with products that are composed of components with unknown origins)

If I was tight on cash though, I wouldn't hesitate to get the BRS unit. You can always put a better membrane in it down the road if you choose. When it comes time to maintain the units there is nothing really proprietary about them, so I guess go with whichever framework you will prefer in the long run.
Thx much for the response. I likely be purchasing a spectrapure rodi.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: