Navada718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In need of some suggestions for a return pump & power heads for my 50 gallon lagoon all in one aquarium. Open to suggestions to equipment not mentioned.
A. Vectra s2 pump & 2 mp 10's power heads
B.Tunze Silence Electronic Controllable pump
& 2 nero 3 powerheads.
C. Vectra s2 pump & 2 nero 3's
20201002_102726.jpg

Attachments

• 20201002_102805.jpg
    20201002_102805.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 69
  • 20201002_102817.jpg
    20201002_102817.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 68
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I would go with option C
The Nero 3s have a great price point for the water movement they produce. I also like that you can mount them on the back wall. I have a nano AIO with an Nero 5 on the back wall. For my big tank I run the MP60s and MP40s.
I would consider adding Nero 3s or Nero 5s to my back wall of my tanks. I was gonna get the Nero 3 for another nano tank build. Only reason I've held off is no guard for the pump. I do have the Nero 5 guard on mine currently.

Navada718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with option C
The Nero 3s have a great price point for the water movement they produce. I also like that you can mount them on the back wall. I have a nano AIO with an Nero 5 on the back wall. For my big tank I run the MP60s and MP40s.
I would consider adding Nero 3s or Nero 5s to my back wall of my tanks. I was gonna get the Nero 3 for another nano tank build. Only reason I've held off is no guard for the pump. I do have the Nero 5 guard on mine currently.
When you say, you can mount the nero 3 on the back wall of a AIO, this means the magnet can be submerged in the water & not have any negative effects to the water? If so, im sold on the nero 3. Plus I just read the nero 3 does comes with a guard.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I would go with the vectra and the mp10’s. I have used multiple vectras (s,m &L) for a few years in different applications and never had an issue. I prefer the vortech pumps for a few reasons. First of all they are very easy to take out (the wet side) and clean. If u have any broken parts (always broke because I broke it) parts are readily available. There’s no wires inside the tank so I feel it’s a cleaner look. The driver for them is on the outside of the tank which means no heat transfer to your water if u have no chiller this becomes an issue in the summer. Plus the vortechs are easily controlled by an apex if u have one via a wmx. Vortechs have a bunch of flow types and speeds. U can program them to operate at different speeds and patterns throughout the day. Just my two cents

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: