Geraud

Well-known Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Supporter
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hey folks,

If you have not seen this, it is out: the Hannah Nitrates Checker.

ReefBuilders have a review: https://reefbuilders.com/2020/09/30...-little-more-effort-for-a-lot-more-accuracy/#

And honestly I think I am going to pass on that one. I am pretty happy with the Red Sea Pro, and the checker seems as convoluted, so... Plus I am not a fan of the way the product is distributed in powder form: it is hard to get all the powder out, and I think it would be better to either have a little spoon with a bottle of the powder, or even better, like the Lamotte tests, a pill that contains exactly what you need.

Any thoughts?

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
At a time when testing is becoming automatic and fast, to create a test that at best takes over 20 min and only can test under 5ppm...adding more steps if you want under 50ppm, is a poor excuse for making my life easier.
I preordered this before the steps were released, but you can bet your ass I am returning it immediately.
And I totally agree, the powder packets are horrible. If I dont create a dust cloud when I initally open the packet then there is always that last bit of residue stuck to the foil inside.
Hanna has failed this one big time.

primoleo

New Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't get why it wasn't developed differently. I'd be happy if it could read accurately, let's say, my salifert, skipping the human eye factor.