• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
this is for the 4 bulb t-5 users who r extremely happy with there bulb combo.right now i have a combo of lights i just am not happy with.39w 18k 3 whites 1 blue.does anyone have a great combo they they are just very happy with.i would like the name brand the color and the k that you are using.thank you.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
There's a great thread on RC about T5 lighting and bulb combos, give me a few and I'll find it. BTW I use 12 T5 lamps on a 200DD. three separate 660 ballasts for 4 bulbs each. 4 on , then two hours later 4 more bulbs, another two hours 4 for a total of 12 lamps.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
well i just looked through and there are some combos but they seem so blue and im guessing they are 12k.first is 2 ati blue 1 ati aqua blue 1 uvl actinic.2nd como is 2 ati blue plus 1 figi purple 1 aqua blue.is it me or are these combos seem very blue.and jerl your combo seems blue as well.maybe im missing something

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i dont know if you like more of the blue or purple look but i personally like the purple look. my bulbs are simple but a love them more then any other brand bulbs. its the new coralife bulbs. since oceanic bought out coralife, the new coralife bulbs are so much better. they are 420nm and make the corals glow in the dark. i am running two coralife purple bulbs, one 460 blue by ati and the new 10k by coralife. im more then happy with them, but its your call.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
here is the combo i am using 2X250 ushio 14k and 4 39w t5 3uvl super actinics and 1 daylight and also got 9white and 9 blue led i also added 6 1w led diy strip and am very happy with my light combo the fixture is current outer orbit very happy with it

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
ok getting away from 4 bulb T-5.there are so many bulbs i really dont want to spend a fortune on all the bulbs just to keep 4 and be stuck with 10 others.i like the first setting with 1 blue and 1 white.now im looking to keep that look with the other 2.maybe i will try another blue in the second setting

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have a marineland 200 DD tank, on it I have all T5 bulbs.
Three 660 ballast, each with 4 bulbs.
The first ballast has:
2- ati blue plus
2- uvl super actinic
this ballast comes on at 10 am
The second ballast has:
2- ati blue plus
2- uvl 75/25
this comes on at noon

The third ballast has:
2- uvl actinic white
1- GE 6500k daylight
1- ati aquablue
this comes on at 2pm and stays on for 4 hours, then they go off in reverse.

with the first i get blue light, with the second a bit whiter and with the third white. however like some i would like a bit more 12k to 20k look so I am replacing a few bulbs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: