richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
since you have all of those geissman bulbs Id go 3 aquablue+ and 3 actinic+ from there you can tweak it to taste. The aquablue is going to be your main daylight bulb you could swap one out for the midday if you find that 3 and 3 is too blue. The other thing you could do is swap out 1 actinic + for one pure actinic to bring out more of the reds and greens. there is a huge diff in par between the actinic + and the pure actinic with the actinic plus being the stronger of the two. Basically you wanna go with three "daylight" bulbs that are basically some shade of white and 2-3 blue bulbs and no more than one pure actinic.

I'll try this since I already have these bulbs at hand Ill do three aquablues as the daylight right?

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
if your going with the geissman bulbs go with
four atinic plus one aquablue plus and a fiji purple
that would be very close to what jerl77 recomended just a little bluer than the ati bulbs.
Vic

Last edited:

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
if your going with the geissman bulbs go with
four atinic plus one aquablue special and a fiji purple
that would be very close to what jerl77 recomended just a little bluer than the ati bulbs.
Vic

Aren't these ATI bulbs?
And the fiji purple by KZ seems to be getting some good feedback. What color does the fiji purple bring out?

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
geissman ATI

atinic plus = blue plus

aquablue plus = aquablue special

kz fiji purple = ati purple plus

I am now running four blue pluses and two purple pluse and am happy with it.
Vic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: