BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am thinking of getting a Helfrichi Firefish. My tank is 125 gallons. The only fish I have in there as of now are a pair of Ocellaris Clowns and a Solar Fairy Wrasse. Do they do well being added to a tank with established fish. When I added the Wrasse the female clown definitely made sure the Wrasse new who was boss of the left side of the tank.
They get along fine now though. The Wrasse will still occaisionally do the fairy wrasse loopty loop aroud the female clown.
Can the Helfrichi deal with this behavior if it was to happen?

Thanks

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
i would a 125 has plenty of space for them and they arent even that big too begin with Dom has 4 right now at a great price if i had the dough id had gotten a pair already

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
I hear your point but a 125 I believe is a tank with many safe havens imo and can't go wrong with a pair for 100 heck some lfs would sell you 1 for that price

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yep. $100 is usually the price when I see them at the LFS.
That is a good deal Dom has on them.
The 125 does have a lot of room and hiding places. If I ever want to have one I guess now is the time. Before I add any thing like a tang.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had a pair from Dom too, now I have a single one (i think the other one was sick idk)

But I have the single helfrichi and 2 clowns in the RSM 130D and they get along peachy. When I upgrade to my 75g I plan on getting another from Dom to pair up with mine hopefully.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I ended up with just one Helfrichi. Tomorrow will be one week that I have had him. He's doing well and eats like a pig.
Thanks to all for helping with my decision to get it.
I got him from Domboski at Diamonds Of The Reef. Dom went above and beond to get this little guy to me last weekend.
Here is a picture :)

Attachments

• CRW_6476.jpg
    CRW_6476.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 83

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: