• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nagrom

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a checkerboard I'm pretty fond of
DSC_7131_processed_zps1450b2e5.jpg

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Nice looking pics of those wrasse. I have always kept LN hawks. I know very simple but it's a character of a fish. I lost a pair of them not too long ago and would like to replace them
I have always wanted a naso. Think they look awesome in reef tabks

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Piranahapat.

Nagrom, I really like that wrasses. Do you have other wrasses in the tank? If so, which ones, and how do they get along?

greengny, thank you. I have a shallow sandbed less than an inch in most spots. Most of the larger wrasses sleep in the rocks. Doesn't seem to make a difference. They are all healthy and colorful.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
That's a sweet pic of the lineatus. Waiting for Liveaquaria to get in the smaller ones hopefully soon.

My mccoskers wrasse swims in between my fingers and lets' me pet him. Love the guy.

nagrom

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nagrom, I really like that wrasses. Do you have other wrasses in the tank? If so, which ones, and how do they get along?

I've got a flame and a lineatus as well. They all get along fine, the lineatus chased the flame for a while when I first added the flame (flame was last). The checkerboard isn't a fairy wrasse though, it's one of the sleep in the sand types, so I think you'd have to add a couple of inches of sand. The checkerboard and my yellow tang hang out together all the time, it's kind of strange.

I'm surprised you don't need a top with yours, both my flame and lineatus jump all the time. The flame even ended up back in the overflow recently - I have no idea how it made it back there. It's a coast to coast and luckily it didn't take a trip down into the sump.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'd have to say I've always loved Midas blennys I have 2 in my tank now and wanna add a third hoping to get a pair but it's a fairly common fish not too costly but certainly one my favorites fun to watch!!
Have to throw my yellow coris in there best $10 I've ever spent watching a yellow coris juvi grow into an adult is just so awesome and the adult coloration is amazing

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: