• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Good morning all i want to get something to help keep the sand in my reef tank clean, something that will stir the sand up all day everyday lol, any suggestions I've done the Diamond goby but he didn't do a good job. Is there anything else that would do a good job i like nice white sand, and yes I'm working on my water parms. but in the interim a little help never hurt

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Try a sea cucumber or a conch . There are quite a bit of sand sifting gobies but you need to be careful as they can get sand all over you corals and such. I like the Golden Head Gobies. Also, if you do go with the sand sifting gobies make sure that your rock are anchored down to the bottom of the tank real good, as by moving around the sand it could cause a collapsed.

Last edited:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'll never get another fish for cleaning my sandbed. They, in my experience, have their spots the go to and excavate wherever they want. If my rocks weren't so heavy I bet I would've had a landslide!

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that's a big tank. put whatever you want in there.

I like fighting conchs I have two that have done well for a year in a medium tank. Im not suggesting them but if they work they are fun and have personality and the sand is pretty clean on the bottom.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know a ton about sea cucumbers but the info is out there, I like tiger tail sea cucumbers for sure, and could suggest them in a big tank like yours.

Those big pink and black ones don't do it for me but they do tend to live a pretty long time in any of the stores I have worked at. I'd say maybe better in a heavilly fed tank as opposed to nutrient poor environments but again I don't know for sure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: