• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

littlefish

Alfredo De La F? Sr
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey guys.

Finally everything die. The only survival is the Moron Clown. I think is because he's inside the Anemone all the time.
I got many replies with a similar story.
Can it be something else besides Ich ?
I don't think ich kills that fast.

Anyway, thanks for the support and the fast responses.
I guess it's back to square one.

Alfredo

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Wow...sorry for your loss....when i had a major ick.....my maroone didn't get it either...and i thought the same thing...he's always in the anemone so maybe thats why....

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Being in the anemone has nothing to do with it. I have had maroons get ich with the anemone. Something went terribly wrong here. Did you check the water for ammonia? What are your latest water parameters? Sorry for the losses.

littlefish

Alfredo De La F? Sr
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Water Check

The water was tested for evrey thing that you can imagine and it read perfect. Anonia, PH, Niyrites, Nitrates, salinity, etc.
I would love to know what happened.

Thanks

ChrisG

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test your water's PH levels... morning and night you may find a swing in PH is really hard on fish. should be always 8.2 - 8.3

littlefish

Alfredo De La F? Sr
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The New Tank

The new tank is 1 month old but I put rocks from my old tank in there, but maybe you're all right and I didn't wait long enough.
I will keep this tank running for 1 1/2 to 2 months before I put anything else in there.
I'm putting a UV Unit and a Calcium Reactor for the corals. By the way, they look great.
Sometimes we pay for our impatience.

I'm in a very down mood.

Thanks.

Alfredo.

ireefny

Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
to kill ich, you are setting up the perfect invironment....NO HOST. at this point I dont think running UV is needed, arm yourself with knowledge in the life cycle of the enemy, carefully plan your live stock time frame... then again what do I know

sorry for your loss, keep reef'n!

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Sorry for your lost littlefish
Could be marine velvet I have lost a few fish lately now no fish goes into my tank with out quarantine them first.
Did any of the fish stay in front of your return or power head?
That's would be a sign of velvet.

Vic

Last edited:

ccr

Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If the tank had ick, any fish that remain in the tank can continue the ick cycle. I believe you have one fish left. If true, he should be move to a quarantine tank. Your display should be without fish for at least 6 weeks to be sure all the ick is gone.

When you start back up, I suggest all new fish spend 4 weeks in the quarantine tank before moving into the display tank. If they show signs of disease, treat them in the Q tank. They should be healthy for 4 weeks before they go into the display.

ny3papi

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry to hear what happen,just to be on the safe side I suggest adding new fishes slowly like about 1 fish monthly so that youre tank can build gradually to handle the fish load.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: