A

Anonymous

A LFS in Mpls told me that they accidently discovered that Mollies will scarf up red slime algae. Has anyone had any experience with this?

A

Anonymous

Been wondering this myself for a few weeks, they do eat algae in freshwater tanks, might be a ok herbavour for nano tanks? They are a pretty fish when they are healthy. L8r mega

------------------
megareef.freeservers.com
Yup, new url, finally thumbnail index html's on the foldlers, and a live reefcam

A

Anonymous

Are you talking about the livebearer mollies? Aren't they freshwater fish?

A

Anonymous

>Are you talking about the livebearer mollies? Aren't they freshwater fish?

No they are brackish fish, which can tolerate freshwater, but do better in saltwater. L8r mega

------------------
megareef.freeservers.com
Yup, new url, finally thumbnail index html's on the foldlers, and a live reefcam

A

Anonymous

I have heard about a place in Utah that used mollies to control algae on a big outdoor scale and had problems with the mollies taking over the facility. Don't know if this would be a problem in an aquarium or not- may be best to only get one?

A

Anonymous

Mine had had several broods when in my reeftank, the corals ate the babies, good natural live food. L8r mega

------------------
megareef.freeservers.com

A

Anonymous

Uh, coral food? Care to explain, Mega?

------------------
My drug habit cost less, but reef colors are better!

A

Anonymous

Are Mollies jumpers? I have no top to my tank. Thought maybe Id try getting a couple- do they school?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: