A

Anonymous

After discussing the loss of my Chevron Tang with a few friends in the hobby, I've come to the conclusion that nobody I know of has been able to keep one of these beautiful fish for very long.
Has anybody been able to keep one of these tangs alive for any length of time?

Derek

------------------
The result of a many-sided life, is a many-faceted mind.
-Robert A. Heinlein

A

Anonymous

We bought ours mail order and it only lived a month. I counted this off to mail order stress. It was the last fish I have or will get mail order.
frown.gif
We later found out that most Chevron Tangs are cynaide caught and this might explain their poor standing.
this fish was also bought from ffexpress.

[This message has been edited by Aquaman (edited 30 January 2000).]

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys,
I've started to document their survival rate in captivity, please let me know if you encounter any of these wonderful creatures. Saltman so far yours is the longest living in captivity that I've run across.
Please email me with all the details (where and when bought, size of tank....etc) your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Derek

A

Anonymous

I ordered mine from ffexpress about 6 months ago doing great as of now. Ive had success with this species as long as they are kept in a reef with plenty of algae.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: