A

Anonymous

My 55gal reef has been up and running for three months and I'm thinking of introducing a Percula Clown. How frequently should I feed and what would you suggest.

Thanks in advance

Richard Rajski UK

A

Anonymous

feed it twice a day, and feed it a variety of foods. like brine,flake food etc.

hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Richard:

Try to include prepared foods (like the ones Martin Moe recommends in his books), or even frozen shrimp. They love it.

They also like marine algae (mine eat SeaVeggies from Julian Sprung's Two Little Fishies very well).

Artemia salina enriched with Selcon or Warner Marine HUFA is a good food also to complement their nutrition.

You can feed them two or three times per day.

Always try to bring them a varied diet.

Best Regards.

Savaraya.

A

Anonymous

I feed mine less. Like twice or three times a month. I'm trying to limit the amount of phosphates I add to the water (food is a major source of phosphates, and phosphates cause hair algae).

-Nathan

A

Anonymous

Hi

In nature they feed constantly. For best health try a variety of food as continuously as you can.

Cheers, Ron

A

Anonymous

I have two perc's in a 29g, that breed every few months. I feed them brine shrimp (frozen), marine flakes, crab and baby shrimp (the latter two are fresh, feed only when I'm cooking with either). I feed them this varied diet in no paticular order, roughly twice a week.

A

Anonymous

My clownes eat anything as often as you can feed them. They almost jump out of the tank when they see me. Vary the diet as much as you can i live on the coast so i go down every now and then and collect some shelfish for them, they go mad for it

A

Anonymous

My clownes eat anything as often as you can feed them. They almost jump out of the tank when they see me. Vary the diet as much as you can i live on the coast so i go down every now and then and collect some shelfish for them, they go mad for it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: