A

Anonymous

Who has them and are they reef safe? I'm planning to use them to rid the tank of any pyramidellid snails. People I know with sixline wrass tell me that they are pretty mean...terrorize the whole tank.

A LFS told me the yellow coris (Halichoeres chrysus) are meaner than a sixline...any experience?

A

Anonymous

I think my sixlines are great fish. I have two, one in a 65 gallon reef, and one in a 40 gallon reef. No meaner than any other fish (ie, hold their own with yellow-tailed blue damsels, orchid dottybacks, and watchman gobies), but don't seem to go out of their way to harass other fish.

Very efficient hunters, so don't expect to be able to keep something like a mandarin dragonette in the same tank (the dragonette will starve due to a lack of food).

Kevin

A

Anonymous

My 2 six line wrasses get along fine in 170 gal tank. They sem to be very reef safe.They are little pigs when it comes to eating, they will beat a lot of the other fish to the food and a shy fish might not get a chance to get at a limited amount of food but I haven't seen them bother any thing else other then to wipe out a bunch of planaria which is why they were in there in the first place.

A

Anonymous

I have kept both yellow coris and six-line wrasse and both are, ime, very reef safe and great fish. What you should ask yourself is whether you want your microfauna to take a hit by having one. They are very active and curious hunters.

Unfortunately my yellow coris' fell victim to a power outage not long ago. Sniff.
frown.gif

A

Anonymous

Yellow Coris is reef safe, have him in my 40 gallon reef, never bothered any of the other creatures in my tank..

A

Anonymous

I have kept Yellow Coris in my 75 gallon reef tank with no problems at all. A very curious and active fish.....

------------------
Reef Goalie

A

Anonymous

I had no problems with the 6-line in my reef, but I lost it when it decided to jump out of the tank. I lost another the same way many years ago. So, no more 6-lines for my, at least not in an open toped tank.

------------------
Dresch
http://members.aol.com/drdresch/aquarium

A

Anonymous

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ermin:
Who has them and are they reef safe? I'm planning to use them to rid the tank of any pyramidellid snails. People I know with sixline wrass tell me that they are pretty mean...terrorize the whole tank.

A LFS told me the yellow coris (Halichoeres chrysus) are meaner than a sixline...any experience?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of the two, the H.chrysus are the least aggresive and while both of these fish will consume your pyramidellid snails and not bother corals they might consume ornamental shrimp if you have them.
Regards,
David Mohr

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: