A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'd like to say I'm new to the board and I've found this place very helpful.

I do have a dilemma with my 38 gallon
that I started back in January.

I have 1 cherub angelfish, 1 green chromis,
1 false perc and 1 black cap basslet(I
recently added). I was told that the basslet
would get along with the inhabitants in my tank. However, my angelfish has been very territorial in chasing the basslet away from
the live rock.

I knew the angelfish liked to go in & out of the live rock and so did the basslet. But I didn't know that the angelfish was that territorial? I'm thinking about selling the angelfish back to LFS, what do you think?
I've had the angelfish since late march.

A

Anonymous

I have a cherub angelfish that used to chase my firefish around as soon as he was put in the tank. (had the fire fish first) This went on for a while and I was really afraid something was going to happen. But after a while they just got used to each other I guess, because the cherub doenst bother anyone now. Just my experience.

Joe

------------------
See my tank here:
http://hometown.aol.com/akaslyguy/index.html

A

Anonymous

I had the same experience with a royal gramma and a cherub angel. Royal grammas behave much like the basslets... like Joe, it went on for a little bit, but then subsided. They get along fairly well now. One suggestion is to maybe get some empty barnacles from your LFS and put them in the tank. This might provide a nice home and safe haven for the basslet.

------------------
E >< () !} !_! S

"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems,... And God saw that it was good."
(Genesis 1:21)

A

Anonymous

I had the same experience with a cherub and a purple basslet. The pygmy constantly harrased the basslet and I eventually had to seperate them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: