A

Anonymous

Hey guys i would love to keep a snowflake moray eel. I need to know stuff like what they eat and stuff. Don't wory i do have an adequate tank size and he would be alone. Thanks guys

A

Anonymous

First you want a completely covered tank as these guys will get out. Size isn't important at the moment but a good skimmer is needed because they are messy eaters. You'll want a deep sandbed and live rock for it to hide in. They'll feed on krill, pieces of raw grocery store shrimp and frozen silversides. Remember that their eyesight is poor so you'll have to suspend the food on a pipette and stick it right in front of them until they get the hang of foraging for food. Feed about every 3 days all that they will eat.
Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

Mine really goes nutz for clam. He will also eat out of my hand.

A

Anonymous

I have had a snowflake for almost 3 years now, and yes a covered top is a must, mine is not too active but don't want to take a chance of loosing him, he's 30 inches long and shares his tank with a 24 inch zebra eel which I have had for over 4 years. I feed them frozen tiger shrimp from the grocery store(thawed in advance of course).I have lost a few small fish (baby harl. tusk and maroon clown) so I would bee careful of the size of fish you intend to keep with him.These are beautiful animals and one of the reason I got into this hobby many(15) years ago. Make sure the one you buy is eating well and has good coloration, have had small ones and as they grew the coloration never changed. Good luck and enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine
Kim

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: