dgosho

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some aiptasia anemone and want to kill them with peppermint shrimp but i understand that my hawkfish might eat the shrimp. What kind of hawk is this and do you know if it will eat the shrimp?

%3B%3C5829632323%7Ego47%3Enu%3D3233%3E%3A99%3E384%3E955%3B84a33365834%3E23232579332%3B8ot1lsi

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: dgosho ]

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhitichthys falco.

Don't know what the common name is. Freckled/Spotted/Dwarf?

Oh, and yes, it'll eat your shrimp (sooner or later). Remove it before introducing the shrimp. Hawks are extremely easy to catch at night.

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: Leonard ]

jmeader

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhitichthys falco and he will probably try to eat the shrimp if it is small enough for him to do so.

CandyRed

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just gave away my spotted hawk (Falco's) since he was killing small fish, crabs, and an expensive Peppermint Shrimp. They get big and mean!

DEADFISH1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one still, he is very aggressive, he ate 2 of my Peppermints & forced me to extract a Six line wrasse before it was too late, chased around my Magenta Dottyback, but gave up finally and left him alone, what’s weird is that he likes the Cleaner Shrimp, in a good way, he takes a cleaning every now and then from him, and I also have a Coral Banded Shrimp that he doesn't bother, my guess is that their too big to mess with and plus they were there first.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hawks are unpredictable. Mine is the complete opposit. Mine chased down newly introduced cleaner shrimp and cleaned it out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: