Status
Not open for further replies.

skinbone

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 22 gallon reef tank. i am wondering it is possible to keep both the yellow and purple tang. I have heard that they are not quite compatible especially in a small tank but i really love the colors of both fish. Pls advise if anybody is able. Thanks a million!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A purple should not be in a tank smaller than 100G and a yellow should not be in ta tank smaller than 75G, according to Scott Michael's Pocket Guide to Marine Fishes. I personelly feel that his tanks sizes are on the lower end.

You shouldn't put any tang in a 22G.

Louey

zebrasoma171

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
22 gal is way too small for even one tang. The two Zebrasoma tangs you mentioned would be likely to squabble even in a much larger tank.

Al

skinbone

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
despite the kind advise, i have bought myself a hawaii yellow tang. I ask the shop owner and he suggested that i put the purple tang in the sump while i release the yellow Tang into the main tank. This might reduce the aggression of the purple tang. I will keep u guys updated on the progress. thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So WHY did you bother asking this question if you were going to do what you darn well want to regardless of the advice given?

Your tangs WILL be misrable and so will you.

Louey

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":2z67kdoq said:
So WHY did you bother asking this question if you were going to do what you darn well want to regardless of the advice given?

Your tangs WILL be misrable and so will you.

Louey

Some people have to learn the hard way, and unfortunately innocent animals pay the price.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, he won't be in the hobby long after he kills a few expensive fish. Unfortunate for the fish, though. :x :x

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this makes me sad. why did you even bother to ask for advice? :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chucker":3l4jxgzy said:
Folks, howzabout some constructive criticism instead of nastiness.

Doesn't sound like he would even consider "Constructive Criticism" unless you pin it to a 2X4 and hit him in the head with it to get his attention.

But to make you happy, here goes:
My advise to you Shinbone: take the fish back and invest the money in a good book for beginners.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Susan said:

My advise to you Shinbone: take the fish back and invest the money in a good book for beginners.

Now that is some good advice.

Skinbone, put it to use and take those tangs back to the LFS and NEVER trust the LFS for advise on what you should put in your tank. He will always have something that's right for you!

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you won the coveted award! :

Attachments

• assclown.jpg
    assclown.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5,528

Chucker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, take it back to The Sump. If the original poster chose not to take the advice given, that's their perogative, good or bad. Snappy responses like this prevent the user from coming back and seeking advice in the future.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: