• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

desheriff

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeking fed back on persons keeping temperate Aussie fish white bars blue devils ornatre cowfish etc or inverts
Regards Steve

jhemdal1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve,

I've kept those three fish, plus old wifes, moonlighters, Shaw's cowfish, magpie morwongs etc. What kind of feedback are you looking for? The only species I've had problems with have been ornate cowfish - they seem prone to skin infections. I keep most of these at a temperature range of 65 to 68 degrees F. I've had less experience with Australian temperate invertebrates. There is a section these critters in my book, "Advanced Marine Aquarium Techniques". Ceretainly not the last word on keeping them, but probably a good overview.

Jay Hemdal

steveweast

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve.....

My white bars, shaws, and ornates are doing quite well. BTW, what temp range are finding these at ?

Jay......

That skin disease....was it a circular fungus that rapidly engulfed the fish over the course of a few days ? if so, Melafix and Primafix have worked well for a few cold water folks keeping the Aussie boxes that have encountered this nasty condition.

desheriff

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve I run my systems at 17-19c, the water temp we catch these fish range from 11c to about 19c over the year with Oct being the coldest and Mar being about the warmest
Looking for persons who have kept the fish longer term and what thier husbandry regime is and any other info they think may be helpful

The white fungi coating we had in one of our display tanks and we put it down to the temp being to high at 24c with out relizing it had crept up

Steve

steveweast

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that would be a F temp range of 51 F - 66 F. Good to know, thank you. I keep mine at 55 F (12 -13 C range). I see that some online vendors are suggesting keeping these up to 73 F (22 -23 C range).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: