• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

myerst22

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all. Found this video of probably the most exotic, rarest, expensive, desirable angelfish on the planet. Not familiar with a peppermint angel? Well it is a Genicanthus Boylei found in deep deep water. No other fish looks anything like this guy. Known to be very difficult to keep, though not many have been kept. You think Clarions are expensive? You could easily have 5 Clarions for the price of this Boylei and that is on the conservative side. Video is from blueharbor.co Thinking of getting a harem!!!! Tim

http://www.blueharbor.co.jp/factory...vie39&full=true

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link's not working for me. By the way, when did the Peppermint Angel become Genicanthus? I thought it was classified as Paracentropyge...

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I've seen pics of the fish but never a video and obviously I've never seen a specimen in person. The fish has a very interesting shape. It doesn't look like a Genicanthus to me. It looks like a different kind of dwarf angel. I guess Paracentropyge fits the description, assuming it's still classified in that genus.
I hope that specimen does well. The lights weren't too strong in that tank (perfect for this species) and yet it was still swimming funny. Do we know if it was recently added to that tank? It looked very nervous.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike612":3f8xxt6g said:
Thanks guys. I've seen pics of the fish but never a video and obviously I've never seen a specimen in person. The fish has a very interesting shape. It doesn't look like a Genicanthus to me. It looks like a different kind of dwarf angel. I guess Paracentropyge fits the description, assuming it's still classified in that genus.
I hope that specimen does well. The lights weren't too strong in that tank (perfect for this species) and yet it was still swimming funny. Do we know if it was recently added to that tank? It looked very nervous.

It's still in Paracentropyge as far as I know.

I may be wrong but I believe that is the one that has been around for 7 years.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: