h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

This weekend I will be checking out a fish store by me.Im pretty confident my tank is ready so I am looking for some fish.

I want an algae eater and was planning on a lawnmower blenny but there out of them and saw that they had a tomini tang.

I am a little hesitant in making my first fish a tang and I'm not sure if my tank is suited for a tang size wise.My ammo,nitrite and nitrate are all 0,I have been recycling since Thanksgiving because the tank wasn't running over the summer,the water was just sitting there cold with one pump running,but before this the tank was up for a year and a half.So what do you guys think,also if they have a pair of false percs I'll buy them too.

ps:just found out they also have cleaner shrimp,do you think I am ready for those?

Last edited:

MikeyNYC

Ol' Skool
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Good choice, and probably one of the most appropriate, as it stays relatively small and tends not to be all that aggressive.

If you don't locate the fish locally, we have a vendor by the name of NYAquatic's located out here in westchester county, that has not only that specific fish, but many other options as well. Depending on where you are located in PA, he may be able to send the package via ground delivery, which is very affordable, but you will need to confirm that with the vendor. Here's a link

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/nyaquatic/

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Seaclone skimmer.Get a Remora.
Ya I have been debating between upgrading my lighting and upgrading my skimmer,I'm just going to be getting softies,do you think my light is sufficient?

Good to hear about the tang and the place I'm looking at has it on sale:wink1:

What do you guys think about the shrimp,should I wait longer?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: