fishguy23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Ok I have a pair of Black saddlebacks (Not mated) in a 40 breeder, the female hosts in my GBTA & also the RBTA, I just purchased another pair of Brown Saddlebacks w/ host sebae anenome....I'm wondering how I can peacefully keep them, dont want to get rid of any of them?!

I was considering taking the old pair out while the new pair is acclimating and add together or do you think since they are of the same genus (different color) that they would be ok. I find of all the clowns I have seen, the saddlebacks seem to be the least aggressive, is this fact or opinion?

Attachments

• images1.jpg
    images1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 120
  • images2.jpg
    images2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 122

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I would just leave em if your clown is hosting then she most likely wont go to far from home
Just keep an eye on them like any other aggressive fish

fishguy23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
So if I have a pair now and introducing a new pairn how does the heirarch remain seperately or does the most aggressive become female

clownfishking

Clownfish breeder
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ok I have a pair of Black saddlebacks (Not mated) in a 40 breeder, the female hosts in my GBTA & also the RBTA, I just purchased another pair of Brown Saddlebacks w/ host sebae anenome....I'm wondering how I can peacefully keep them, dont want to get rid of any of them?!

I was considering taking the old pair out while the new pair is acclimating and add together or do you think since they are of the same genus (different color) that they would be ok. I find of all the clowns I have seen, the saddlebacks seem to be the least aggressive, is this fact or opinion?

Amphiprion Polymnus are aggressive fish; a 40gal breeder is good for one pair of clownfish not two. If you were to attempt this make sure you have a very large aquarium minimum 180gal. IME

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: