• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
well I would like to stick with no more than 48inches and I really like the 24 deep. I dont want the tank too high. I want to put it right next to my staircase in my living room, so its sort of in the center of the house. I was thinking a 75G but with the measurements I want I think its going to be 100G or 120G.

Right now the space is just empty with a few of my kids toys just occupying the space temporarily .... lol

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
alot of people part out.. its funny i had my 120 on cl for 5 weeks all i kept getting was people that wanted me to part out.. i wanted to sell it as a set bc i was done with salt bc i was so frustrated bc of the big loss i had..engineer gobly knocked over a pile of rock into my heater and cracked it.. i was on vacation for a week and came home to the tank looking like jelly and everything dead and my house stinking!!i started reading on here and was hooked all over again so i posted just the tank and stand and in 20 min i had 3 offers and sold in 30 min...crazy.. so i wound up more involed in this hobby than ever before...and cant wait to meet people in person at the swap.. i cant wait to put faces and names to screennames

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Wow thats something! I never get any responses when I answer ads on craigslist. Its frustrating, at least respond that the items has been taken. :(

Here people grab the stuff I want super duper fast. There are a lot of great people on here to help.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
yea this site is worse than facebook..hahah but in a good way..people are very nice very helpfull and man i thought i knew a good amount abt this hobby but i felt like a newbee once i started talking to people..but i learn quick and have been very active on here.. as you can tell by my posts.. ive nly been on here a few weeks... lol

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah, I suggest watching the parameters, doing another WC, and then watching the parameters some more. If the nitrite isn't going down you've got a dead fish wedged in your rocks, and if it's the sixline you'll prolly never find the damned thing. But if you've removed the problem, your biological filter should get rid of the nitrite pretty quickly. I'd also stop feeding for a day.

Do you have a brittle star in the tank? I highly recommend these, they're excellent scavengers.

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Update. I did a 5G water change and all my parameters are now at 0.

I think, cant be sure, that the 6 line got itself stuck in my rockwork and created this mess and fouled the water before being eaten up by the CUC. Im not going to feed today.

The fish arent gasping anymore. I have a brittle star and he is moving around alot so hopefully he will take care of whatever is left.

Yesterday was such a sad day

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Marcella I am so sorry you had to go through this!;(
I'm pretty sure it was the food your little one fed the tank.:(

I have my a couple of my grands staying with us for a little over a year, and a half now. When they first got here they kept feeding the turtle with out telling me. The only way I knew was because the tank would get very cloudy, and stunk to high heaven.

Decaying food in the tank is the worse.:dead1:

Little people mean no harm! I ended up putting the turtles food up high where my youngest could not reach it. My fish tanks were, and are safe because she couldn't reach the top of them.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: