jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Anyone know where in Jersey they are? They share the same area code as me, but I could not find an address on the site. I'm wondering if I could just stop in and buy straight from them instead of having shipped.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
if any one wants to do a group buy set it up and i can store it all ......have a nice walkin freezer but its located in williamsburg brooklyn

There is almost no good reason to do a GB for this stuff (but thank you for suggesting it). At the price of gas these days and how short on time everyone is..it's easier to get it delivered directly to your own door for maybe the $10 the Ground UPS costs (Ground UPS to most of our local members - even LI- is actually OVERNIGHT :)) It comes packed in dry ice, so it will be fine when you get home from work.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Cool beans!
I should be getting my order on Friday (I asked for a slightly lighter block as the one they first offered was near 6lbs and I really dont even need 5lbs!!).

Euphausia pacifica

The prices are little higher than on their site right now (just by a dollar or so).
Shipping with UPS was $11.55 to 11238

robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Cool beans!
I should be getting my order on Friday (I asked for a slightly lighter block as the one they first offered was near 6lbs and I really dont even need 5lbs!!).

Euphausia pacifica

The prices are little higher than on their site right now (just by a dollar or so).
Shipping with UPS was $11.55 to 11238

Any idea how large the Euphausia Pacifica are compared to Mysis? I am planning on placing an order this week as well!

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I actually don't know. I wondering as I was buying it.
I assumed that the sizes were comparable from seeing the tank list from the folks that were ordering.

So, I assuming my fish would be fine. Most of my fish attack chunks of shrimp!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Any idea how large the Euphausia Pacifica are compared to Mysis? I am planning on placing an order this week as well!

They are slightly larger (and plumper) that the mysis that people typically buy in the little cube packs.

If you slice the block when you receive it as I demonstrated in the first post of this thread you will end up with a variety of sizes of mysis that will be readily eaten by fish of many sizes.
My clowns were about 3/4 " when I got them and my largest fish is 7+ inches and all could easily find pieces to eat when it was placed in the tank.
Unless you are feeding some incredibly gigantic fish, I don't see it being an issue..then again whales live on plankton :eat:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Got the order today. Did not open the food yet since I got home late and didn't feel like it. So, it's in the freezer until I slice it up tomorrow.

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0678.jpg

IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0683.jpg

IMAG0684.jpg

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Lol, that is hilarious.
The pecan icecream isn't mine, so can't trade.
However, the mango sorbet and frozen peaches are mine. We can workk on soething for that.

:)

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Cut it up today, not easy to distinguish a size difference between this E. pacifica and the mysis packs I used to buy in cubes.
Looks the same to me.
IMAG0705.jpg

4 ziplock freezer bags, each with 3 slabs. I will repackage them tomorrow. I'm going to wrap each slab in foil to protect it further.
IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

Everybody loves it (rinsed in RO water and allowed to steep in a bit of selcon, garlic, reef plus)
IMAG0707.jpg

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
just broke off my first chunk - this mysis is big and fat!!! you can see the fatty globule (orange)! the block was ALL mysis - very little water. my wrasses and tangs devoured it once it hit the water. thanks john for the great pricing!

Attachments

• IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 310

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: