xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
What should I do. My 2 Percula clown fish that I bought as a pair are fighting. The female ( Bigger one) is attacking the male ( smaller one) and I can see the tears in his fins. I am looking for some help so I dont have to seperate them.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
He has ripped fins and she chases him all over the tank pecking at him. The only assurances i have they are mated is the pet store sold them to me as a pair they where in a tank alone

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I have had them for about 2 weeks no problems. Yesterday the only thing that changed was I added 25 lbs of live rock. I also noticed that all my ammonia and mitrate and nitrite has shot up really high. I did about 5 gal water change alrdy what else can i do so i dont loose the fish.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Bigger issue...

When was your tank setup?
What is your setup (Tank size, etc)?
How long ago did you start placing livestock into the tank?

It sounds like the fish are not a mated pair, just a pair, which means very little. However, the fact that they were in the same tank at the store is a good sign.

Tanks go through a natural cycle. I am not going to explain this, as it would be easier for you to google it or read about cycling on here....if that is the case, you will need to get everything that is living out of your tank....it is also possible the rock you placed into the tank is curing or caused a mini cycle.

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
were the live rock cured???? if not that is the reason of you high ammonia nitrite and nitrate!! careful that you don't loose your live stock !! the clown fist might make it!! as i said might but other delicate fishes???? if you hace any other!!

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Try to fight the urge to do things quickly. Your tank needs to be pretty stable and established before you start adding things to it, and you can save yourself a lot of $ by being patient.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
thank you all I will sit back and cont to watch the tank. In about a week or so I will post what everything is and see what you all think I should do from there. I did a 15 gal give or take water change and some of the chemicals went down and I hope stay that way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: