cmuro100

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So sad, my male clown jumped for some reason. I him for almost two years, no the female is all alone.

Can i add another clown with the female without the female beating up on the new one?

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Sorry to hear about the loss of your clown. :( You can add another clown as long as it's of the same species. Since it's the male you lost it's best to make sure you add a smaller clown to prevent any fighting. Clownfish all start out as males. The dominant fish in a group changes to a female and grows larger than all the males.

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am sorry to hear that. My female false perc that I've had for one year (my first saltwater fish) jumped recently. I replaced her today so her partner had a companion. But if the male jumped you will probably want to find another clown of the same size or small to replace it (since clowns change their sex).

FlexLuthor

Is Too Noob 4 Skool
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i seriously think clown fish are born emo....maybe it's because they can't come to grips with their gender issues, or perhaps it's the bullying at school, or fights with the mate....but they see the blissful embrace of nothingness to be more embracing than my frogspawn, and hammer; and let me tell you my frogspawn and hammer is quite cute.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: