• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well i always qt my fish but got lazy on a bunch i bought 3 weeks ago. I first saw ich when i got them then it was gone but now the fish seem to die overnight for no reason. I see that my fox face has some brown spots on them and when i lost my sail fin tang fish last night i belive its internal. The sail fin eat the night before and looked great and today dead. No signs of ich but look like it got skinny overnight,this is the same case with all my fish that i lost in pass 3 weeks. Not very good on fish deases but wanted your imput if there is a cure with coral in the tank. Catching my 3 yellow tangs in a 450gal is impossible but i guess i can try.

dj ze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
protomarin coral is pretty good for ich and velvet you have to order it online and its made in germany and you could use prazi pro with it witch is the best for internal parasites.but if you could remove the remaining fish and put them in hypo at 1.009 would be the best option

Rating - 100%
298   0   0
Hi
Have you actually used Prazipro and witnessed anything dying? I have used it in many reef tanks with all types of critters including feather dusters and tons of xenia and never lost a thing.

Yes, I have used this product twice in my display tank before, both time, I took out my feather duster, because if you read the instructions, it saids...NOTE: Not recommedend for reef aquariums with Feather Duster Worms or other ornamental worms.

I have witness my pulsing xenias started to melt fast after using it, so I took that out as well.

Other reefers input on RC.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1687413

Last edited:

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I do but running bio pellets and dont want to kill the good bacteria so i have them off

The UV will only kill or sterilize the Viruses, bacteria, algae, fungi, and protazoa if they pass through the UV lights. The carbon based bacteria is colonized in the pellet reactor. I don't think you have a problem with losing any significant portion of your carbon based bacteria.

Rating - 100%
298   0   0
well i dosed it last night but not sure on the instructions? Do i keep my skimmer off for 5 days or just when i add? How long does it take for it to work? when would you add a new QT fish

Ur supposed to do some waterchange before using it, turn off skimmer, stop running carbon, polypad ..etc.. turn off UV before you dose the medicine. According to the instructions 5 days is good enough, many reefers believe it should take up to 7 days, and some suggest treating twice to be safe due to flukes cycle. I always did 5 days, because i worry about the bioload without having the skimmer on.

dj ze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
you got to keep the skimmer off till the whole cycle of the medicine is complete or else it will just pull it all out also make sure you don't have any carbon in the system also the uv must also be off as far as the quarantined fish i personaly would wait at least a month before adding anything to the system to make sure that all parasites are gone.i believe your problem is ich not internal parisites

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: