Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County is proud to announce that Charles Delbeek will be speaking at its June Meeting. Charles will be speaking on the "Three Year Study of Plenum Activity and its Effects on Nutrient Levels in the Aquarium" and "Keeping Non-Photo Synthetic Soft Corals in the Aquarium".

For More Information go to www.maslac.org .

Rabbit

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Bill!

This is great! He is one of the Co-author of The Reef Aquarium and maintains the exhibits at the Waikiki Aquarium! I've been reading his stuff for years, would love to hear him speak, and get to sneak in a few questions.

Thanks for posting this,

See you Friday June 14th!

David Roman Daniels

member The Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County
http://www.maslac.org

Rabbit

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Guest are welcome to our monthly meetings and we encourage people to join if they like the meetings. How would they know if they like it if they don't get a chance to go? :roll: So, Please join us!

If you decide you want to join, remember we are non-profit so ALL the monies collected for member ship go back to support the club, flying out speakers, bank charges, web site, printing cost, etc. If you don't, no harassing phone calls, no MLM meeting, no big deal.

We do have many actives and tours and membership only activities. These are closed, and one of the many, many benefits of membership. Like the DIY calcium reactor workshop coming up soon.

Also, our extensive and ever growing library is limited to members too. I'm going to have to upgrade myself with a DVD player to take advantage of it!

So anyway, you (any everyone reading this) will be very welcome to attend the meeting. Course, we MAY make you introduce yourself and talk a bit about you self, but I assure you that does no permanent damage.

So come on' by and say hi!

See you there,

David Roman

PS You are also welcome to join in the raffle and it should be a great one so bring lots of $$!

Anemone

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doggonit!! :x You guys gotta quit having these things on nights when I'm busy! Oh well, there's always next month's meeting! :)

Kevin

Rabbit

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin,

Dude, don't you know that you should get our calander FIRST - THEN plan your life around it?

I mean, where are you priorities!

:P

(tongue planted firmly in cheek!)

Anyway, we MIGHT be taping the event. (Really depends on what Mr. Delbeek thinks.) The tape will go into our libaray and is availiable to all members for free.

David Roman

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A number or years ago, my wife and I went to Oahu, where we stumbled upon the Waikiki Aquarium. We had some questions, so we asked a lady at the front desk for some information about the display tanks. She paged a biologist.

We spoke with a beared man for over one and a half hours about prime diving spots in the Hawaiian Islands, PADI certification, what it is like to live in Paradise, keeping SW tanks, etc. Finally, he said he had to get back to work and gave us his card. Only later did I realize this was the Charles Delbeek!!

More than being a wealth of information, he was a gentleman.

Enjoy your presentation and if you get the chance, go to the Waikiki Aquarium.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: