partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone.
I have ordered new led lights to go on my 36 bow front tank. Right now I have 48watts t5ho and a 24 watt strip the tank came with. I really dont know anything about the leds I guess they dont go by watts. How will I go about adjusting my plants to the new lights? From what I understand the leds will have a dimmer so I can adjust that way or I can cut the hrs I have the lights on. I also have several low to med light plants will they slowly adjust to brighter lights?
Thanks for your help.
Patrick

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Patrick, Nice upgrade! I would do the same to acclimate plants as you would corals. Start the lights off at a lower setting and over a couple weeks, put them up a bit every few days.

What color LEDs are in the fixture? FW plants will do better with a redder light than you would normally use. Wingo knows what he's doing so I'm not worried about it, just throwing it out there! Also, LED's do use watts. I would think that yours will be multiple 2-3 watt LEDs. Don't forget the before and after pics!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: