partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone.
Im ready to switch over from my old co2 canister to the new one. I received the new one a few weeks back and didnt pay much attention to it until today when the old one ran out.. The problem Im having is I know how to disconnect the old one from the regulator but have no idea how Im supposed to connect the new one when it has a turner on the top when the old canister just a place to place the reg. Here are a cpl of pix hopefully that will help you figure what Im trying to say. The new canister is the aluminum one.
thanks
patrick

Attachments

• co2 help 001.jpg
    co2 help 001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 139
  • co2 help 002.jpg
    co2 help 002.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 139

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
the black one is a paint ball cylinder. he switched to the silver aluminum one.

there should be specific directions with your regulator . what brand is it?

you have to be careful so u dont blow the regulator out with too much pressure.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Oh, so the one on the left is a new one- I get it now. You are good, just unscrew the blue connector- it's a paintball tank adapter for a regulator. You can mount it sideways as ecvernon suggested. With that type of mounting, you'll be able to use bubble counter. Checck my regulator built thread for more info, hope that helps: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/90710-diy-co2-regulator-how-info-lot.html

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
yes it would help.

on MY REGULATOR.. the first gauge measures the amount of co2 in thy cylynder in PSI

the second gauge measures output pressure. the black knob has to be turned counter clockwise to be at the lowest pressure setting on the second gauge. when it is at lowest pressure setting then it safe to open the main CO2 knob then begin making adjustments in pressure

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: