32Bit_Fish

Hi All,

I have seen good deals on used/almost new fish tanks often on this board. But most of them are reef ready.

I'm planning to buy a 90G for my FRESH WATER. So can I use a reef ready tank? Or I am better off buying a regular tank?

I want to keep things simple which means no sump or wet & dry filter. The tank is going to be in my bad room, so it must be very quiet. Would the overflow box in a RR tank makes noise? I may just use a HOB filter or a small canister filter.

Please advise. Thanks

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
it really won't be noisy if you do it right and the sump for fresh water can be simple.

Or your other option is to change the bulk head of the RR tank to a barb adapter one and plug it straight to an eheim.

Or just go non drilled.

I have a 75G not drilled laying somewhere in my parents's garage. If you're interested.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
it really won't be noisy if you do it right and the sump for fresh water can be simple.

Or your other option is to change the bulk head of the RR tank to a barb adapter one and plug it straight to an eheim.

Or just go non drilled.

I have a 75G not drilled laying somewhere in my parents's garage. If you're interested.

How is the condition ? Any pics?

maviss

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to keep things simple which means no sump or wet & dry filter. The tank is going to be in my bad room, so it must be very quiet. Would the overflow box in a RR tank makes noise? I may just use a HOB filter or a small canister filter.
me too

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: